Tuesday, September 6, 2011

A little alteration to Friday's outfit

Mini Dress Mix Up

Mini Dress Mix Up by aliciablyyours featuring h&m blazer

So I ended up altering my outfit a little bit on Friday night to include one of my favorite things ever: LEOPARD PRINT. Now leopard print can sometimes overwhelm an outfit, especially if you're wearing it on everything from bags to shoes to earrings. But if you play it right, it can be a really fun way to jazz up some of your regular basics. I originally had planned on wearing my striped tank dress by H&M, but then remembered I had a similar dress hanging in my closet in a different print. I don't wear this dress all that often, because where does one wear a grey leopard print tank dress to, without getting too many looks of "OMG why is she wearing that," thrust upon them? 

Well it just so happens that this dress is the perfect city night out ensemble, if apply it to the same outfit I was planning on. Throw on a blazer to compete with the shortness of the hemline, and also the loudness of the print. Then throw on maybe one really fun eye catching piece of jewelry, ( I always go for my aqua Kate Spade statement necklace) flats, and a small shoulder bag (Hello, Nine West.) 

This was my result:



Long sleeve shirt
£8 - desireclothing.co.uk


H m blazer
£15 - hm.com




Nine west handbag
$59 - ninewest.com


Kate Spade statement necklace
$130 - nordstrom.com

No comments:

Post a Comment