Friday, September 2, 2011

How to rock the short dress without giving it all up

Another night in Manhattan

Another night in Manhattan by aliciablyyours featuring steve madden flats

The weather is perfect, not too hot, not too cool, and it's still perfectly acceptable to throw on a really short dress, especially for those Friday nights out in Manhattan, which is exactly what I intend to do tonight! 
The problem I have with short dresses is that I feel uncomfortable in a short hemline, either because it keeps riding up, or I think I'm showing off too much skin. Here is a quick way to solve that issue, especially now that we're in the transition period. 

I bought this striped dress from H&M but am never quite sure of what to wear with it. I decided to pull out my trusty blazer, also from H&M from another shopping trip, and my favorite Kate Spade statement necklace.

You probably can wear this look with heels, but it's probably less dangerous and a little more unexpected to tie it all together with a neutral flat. I like the Steve Madden glitter flats in gold because they look polished without looking cheap. 

Also, it's good to remember to keep the accessories to a minimum if you're wearing a flashy statement piece. You can wear bangles, or a ring, but not both. 

This look can also travel into fall with sheer black tights. 

I own all of these items, so I'll try to take some pictures tonight so you can see how it turns out! 

Also, you'll probably see me to start using more of the same items in fashion sets because I'm trying to stick to items that I already own in my wardrobe in order to shop my closet the best to my ability, something that helps out A LOT financially, but also assists in a creative spark. 

H m dress
£7.99 - hm.com

Steve madden flat
$60 - heels.com

Kate Spade statement necklace
$130 - nordstrom.com

Product Detail | H&M GB
£15 - hm.com

No comments:

Post a Comment