Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Polka dots are kinda a thing

Polka Dots
I am really, really into polka dots lately. I'm into dots on clothing almost as much as I'm into birds on

    


clothing...which is a lot. I just find polka dots super endearing, no matter what you throw them on. If you think about it, polka dots are somewhat of a classic now. Think of the 1940's and 1950's, everybody was wearing polka dots. Polka dots on anything makes it seem like a classic, or vintage. I like to wear polka dot skirts, heels and sweaters when I teach because they are stylish, still moderately young looking, but doesn't make me look like the 14 year olds that I'm teaching...unless I were to pair the polka dots with a pair of uggs, or a hoodie, which I wouldn't.


You may or may not be as obsessed with polka dots as I am, but that's ok. I am building up my collection of dotted clothing to compete with my collection of striped clothing, then they're going to war with each other.


No not really. But stripes you can win or lose with. Horizontal stripes don't look great on everyone. I don't know if they really make it seem like you're heavier, but vertical stripes do seem to have that sliming affect. Polka dots are just amazing and smoothing out all of those lady lumps we want to hide.


That's my stance and I'm sticking to it.


Dorothy Perkins dot dress
$29 - dorothyperkins.com

Dorothy Perkins navy blue polka dot dress
$27 - dorothyperkins.com

Forever 21 long sleeve sweater
$23 - forever21.com

Forever 21 long sleeve cardigan
$14 - forever21.com

Forever21
$16 - forever21.com

Polka dot shorts
$21 - rustyzipper.com

Forever 21 straw hat
$9.80 - forever21.com

Polka Dot Cosmetic Bag
$4.80 - forever21.com

No comments:

Post a Comment