Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Inspired by Mindy Kaling

Mindy Kaling

I adore Mindy Kaling. I want to be her best friend. I'm pretty sure we would get along amazingly as a lot of her concerns also concern me. In her most recent post Mindy wrote about certain things that she loves that don't really fit her lifestyle, like Alexander McQueen clutches, or in my case, Alexander McQueen anything.

This old thing? Would only cost me $1,600. Not like I make that much in an entire year or anything...
BUT I also have a chandelier obsession. In FACT, my sister and I have an actual chandelier in our room. This is due to the fact that our mother also shares this chandelier obsession. We have a chandelier in 4 rooms of our house. 


My mom's room.

Kitchen.

Dining Room.

Our bedroom.
So when Katy Perry sings about the chandelier being on the floor, in the classic, Last Friday Night, my head screams "NO! NOT THE CHANDELIER!"


However, Mindy and I have even more in common than just ridiculously lavish tastes in accessories and overzealous infatuations in light fixtures. 


We both are shoe addicts. In a recent vlog that I think I saw on the NBC website, Mindy gives viewers a tour of her office, in which she has a box of shoes. A large, LARGE, cardboard box of just shoes, you know, just in case. 


THAT'S ME! I DO THAT.


REAL LIFE.
Mindy also introduced me to Tavi Gevinson, and her online magazine, Rookie. Tavi is 16. 16! I wish she was in the classes I taught because she's extremely intelligent and also totally comfortable in her own skin. 


How adorable is she? And winged eyeliner. I also do that. 
There are more comparisons, I'm sure. But Mindy (and Tavi) I want to be your best friend. That's all. I think you're the bees knees, a phrase I do not really understand since I don't think bees have knees, but Mindy and I also BOTH have knees! Coincidence...I think not.


You can check out Mindy's book here: Barnes & Noble


And Tavi's online mag here: Rookie

No comments:

Post a Comment