Tuesday, July 10, 2012

The Zara handbag I have been obsessed with


Zara's Plaited Shopper (100% Buffalo Leather)

I am a fan of over-sized bags, always have been. Having completed a pretty rigorous year student teaching, I’m an even bigger fan. I like the concept of small bags, I really do, and I own a few clutches,  satchels and cross body pretties. The thing is, when I teach, I tote a lot of stuff with me. I bring my laptop back and forth, which means I need a bag at least 14” in either direction. I lug my external hard drive, binders, journals, books, extra bobby pins, my iPhone, extra keurig cups, foldable ballet flats and a million highlighters to boot. (Legitimately a million.) 
In the summer, my load is lighter, but I still like to carry journals, books and tons of extra crap along. That’s why, to me, this bag is perfect. PERFECT. First of all, it comes in my favorite tan/brown color which I personally feels goes with every piece in my wardrobe. It has a carrying strap if you don’t like pinning it between your elbow and forearm. And, for the quality, it’s pretty affordable. 

This bag became vastly popular in March when Olivia Palermo (from The Hills spin-off: The CIty) was photographed carrying it wearing a fitted black sweater, pale green skinny jeans and matching ballet flats. I personally do not watch The City, and do not know much about Ms. Palermo at all, but I like her seemingly simple style. 




Olivia Palermo


Unfortunately, I discovered the tote right as I was budgeting bills for this next paycheck, but I’m looking to save for this. At roughly $150 without tax, it’s still too expensive for me at the moment.

What I bought instead: 
Zara's Shopper Basket (100% Polyurethane) 

Also by Zara, the 100% polyurethane shopper basket. This bag is pretty similar to my dream bag, and a decent alternative for those who live cruelty free lifestyles. It’s not as large as the leather shopper, but comes in a pretty, lighter tan, black and cream. It’s cheaper at 79.90 and looks like it can fit most of my prize possessions. I don't have many clothes by Zara (I purchased a couple of v-neck sweaters and a blazer last year...) but the clothes I do own seem to hold up. I wait anxiously to see what their handbag quality is like, so hopefully it will get here soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment