Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Just had to try: Butter London


$15 bucks for nail polish is pricey. $7 for a bottle of Essie used to be a splurge for me, but after reading some reviews on Butter London's polishes, I had to order some via amazon to try it out. Butter London is not anything new, and the company has been promoting itself as the 3 Free Nail Lacquer, meaning it's free of Formaldehyde, Toluena and DBP and any other carcinogens. Nice! 

The only thing I don't really LOVE is that their selection is mostly neutrals, and I love to partake in some mint candy apple and punchy pink by Essie every now & then (more now, than then...) 

It doesn't last much longer than any other polish I've tried, but I did enjoy the fact that the "cream tea" color dried to an opaque white, without the look and feel of having white out on my nails.

"Rosie Lee" is a fun glittery hue, but like most glitter polishes I own, take forever and a day to take off, even with pure acetone, which kind of defeats the purpose of buying polish free of carcinogens. (Right?)

Bottom line: It was nice to try, but if I'm going to throw $30 on nail polish, I'll get a bunch of Essies instead of two bottles of Butter London.  

No comments:

Post a Comment